Date:      Tue, 30 Sep 1997 00:50:59 +0930
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>
Cc:        Peter Korsten <peter@grendel.IAEhv.nl>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Microsoft brainrot (was: r-cmds and DNS and /etc/host.conf)

> If we're trying to convince people to put a FreeBSD based server into
> their existing Win95 (or Mac, or whatever) environment, what better
> configuration vehicle can we give them, than the machine already on
> their desktop?

Wes: Stop Right Here.

If you can come up with a security model that makes this viable on an
adequately large scale, I will *happily* abandon almost any other
thought I might have of using any other interface and happily work
under a browser.

If not, and I'm not convinced one way or another, then we have to give
this idea the wide berth it will deserve.

mike