Date:      Fri, 3 Oct 1997 02:02:38 -0400
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS changes since Rick Maclem...

Hi. I go to school at the University of Guelph, home of Rick Maclem
of BSD-Lite NFS fame. I was talking to Rick the other day and he said
that 99% of the NFS code in FreeBSD (and the other BSDs) was still
his - I questioned this since NFS seems to be always under a state
of minor change (at least since I've been using FreeBSD).

So how far has the code deviated from Rick's code? I would have
imagined quite a bit in all this time, especially with NFS v3 now
being the default..

Anyways, there are a few of us here that are looking for something
to code, and if NFS is in need of repiar/enhancement it would be
a good project since the original NFS guru is at our finger tips.
If the code hasn't changed much, maybe I'll be able to convince
Rick to get off his ass and look at it again :-)  And if it has
changed a bunch maybe this will scare him out of compacity... :-)

TIA,
-Mark

(P.S. I had a disk blow up so I'm really pressed for disk space
right now which has made it nearly impossible to get back to
a situation where it's convenient to compare the 2 NFS sources..)

 Mark Mayo		  				mark@quickweb.com
 RingZero Comp.  	  		   http://vinyl.quickweb.com/mark

	 finger mark@quickweb.com for my PGP key and GCS code
Win95/NT - 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to
an an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor,
written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.  -UGU