Date:      Mon, 06 Oct 1997 14:32:22 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        hubs@freebsd.org
Cc:        postmaster@ns3.harborcom.net, postmaster@mail.freebsd.sol.net
Subject:   HEADS UP! mail black hole in freebsd relays somewhere?

I've heard a few comments about mail "disappearing" in the .com relays
somewhere.  Perhaps some anti-relaying is biting?  Greg noticed that the
ns3.harborcom.net had anti-relay stuff but that he was getting something
like 90% of his mail via there, and only a small number via the .sol.net
relay.  Can we please check these two sites at least for mail jams?

peter@hub[11:27pm]~-1009# host mail-relay.com.freebsd.org
mail-relay.com.freebsd.org mail is handled (pri=20) by mail.freebsd.sol.net
mail-relay.com.freebsd.org mail is handled (pri=20) by ns3.harborcom.net

Greg's problem was solved when I directed his mail to go via
mail.au.freebsd.org (he's in .au at the moment).  This leaves nagging
doubts about the .com relays. :-]  He's had no mail coming in for periods
of 8 hours or so at a time.  Are these two relays overloaded?  Do we need
more .com relays?

Cheers,
-Peter
--