Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 1997 09:20:27 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        <mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: current on notebook (as of Oct 3)

[ Moved to -mobile ]

> well.. I'm running into some interesting problems...  every other reboot
> just before it prints the type of pcic chip it does (the PC-Card Intel line):

> fault virtual address	= 0x80000008

I was seeing these last night until I updated *all* of my code.  I'm not
sure what caused it, but it happenned all the time with my new code
changes.  I suspect something in the interrupt code, but I never got a
chance to verify it since the box is now solid with everything updated.

> fault code		= supervisor read, page not present
> instruction pointer	= 0x8:0xf023dfd0
>
> after the panic, the next boot will complete successfully... this
> is actually beyond the end of the kernel... the last bit of nm /kernel
> | sort is:
> f023119c B _tcpstat
> f023128c B _end
> ffc00000 A _APTmap
> fffff000 A _APTD

You're in the stack.

Try updating the sources again and see if that helps things.

Nate