Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 1997 15:59:58 -0400
From:      Robert Withrow <bwithrow@BayNetworks.COM>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        bwithrow@tuva.engeast.BayNetworks.COM
Subject:   Testing result, 225Beta, oct 7th.

I have done some serious testing of the Oct 7th release
of 225beta with generally very good results.  It works well
under heavy testing in our normal environment here.  I found the
following problems/annoyances:

1) Sysinstall:  Accessing distribution submenus and then returning
to parent menu; you are returned to the *top* of the parent menu rather
than the place where you accessed the child menu.  This is very annoying
to those of us who do *lots* of installations...

2) Sysinstall: NFS client "yes" setting in sysinstall doesn't "take" in
rc.conf.

3) Sysinstall/XF86Setup:  Somehow the X link to the SVGA server didn't
get made.  I'm not shure when this failed to happen since someone was
talking to me when I was testing this.  XF86Setup dumped a tcl traceback
complaining about this.

4) Ports: a2ps only shows up in its A4 version.  (It doesn't even show up
in the ftp.freebsd.org ports-2.2.5 INDEX).  This problem (the A4) one has
been around for quite some time and it would be nice if it got fixed before
2.2.5 gets released...

5) Sysinstall: /usr/tmp gets created with bad ownership and permissions.
It should get created with the same permissions as /tmp.

6) It seems like there should be a symlink "gawk" for "awk" since they are
one in the same.  There is room for difference of opinion here, of course;-)

What is the chance of getting these things fixed before the release?

--
Robert Withrow -- (+1 508 916 8256)
BWithrow@BayNetworks.com