Date:      Wed, 15 Oct 1997 16:37:13 -0500
From:      "C. Stephen Gunn" <csg@wintek.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        julian@freebsd.org, ajk@wspout.com, ab@wspout.com, csg@wspout.com
Subject:   Re: netatalk still broken in 2.2-STABLE

In message <199710151811.NAA04074@argon.vapornet.com>, John Preisler writes:

>I"ll try pulling the older .c files off tape and rebuilding.

I tried pulling older versions of:

    sys/netatalk/at_control.c         1.14
    sys/netatalk/ddp_output.c         1.4

Both of these versions are before some changes that julian@freebsd.org
made to fix a problem with routing packets to hosts that were on
a different net, but the same netrange as a given interface.

In particular (this could be conjecture), the problem could be with
the aa_claim_addr() routine in at_control.c.

I'm not a big kernel hacker type, so I won't say any more.

I also applied the patch from http://www.umch.edu/~rsug/netatalk/patches/
for MacOS 8 fixes. It might be a good idea to add this to the 1.4b2
port in ports/net/netatalk. It appears to work fine.

 - Steve

--
C. Stephen Gunn                 Wintek Corporation
E-mail: csg@wintek.com          427 N 6th Street