Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 1997 13:37:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Keith Mitchell <kmitch@weenix.guru.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Small Problem with Linux Emul

I have been trying to get the linux version of the Quake server to work
under 3.0-CURRENT to no avail.  It works fine under 2.2-STABLE and 2.2.5.

At a quick glance, it looks like the problem may be in the 4.3 COMPAT
network stuff (specifically recv).  A ktrace resulted in:

   304 qwsv     CALL  old.recv(0xc,0xefbfdbb8)
   304 qwsv     RET   old.recv -1 errno -11 Unknown error: -11

This happens a number of times.  Also (but probably related) network address
that it does manage to recive in recv calls come back garbled.  i.e.

192.246.40.12

comes back as

24.220.191.239

I am running -CURRENT from about 3 weeks ago.  I tried to update last night,
but there was a problem with the compile that I didn't have time to look into.
Perhaps I will get to that tonight.  I didn't see any changes in this code
in the past few weeks (in the commit messages), however.

I have reinstalled the latest linux_lib stuff, but that doesn't seem to matter.

Any ideas?

--
Keith Mitchell					Head Administrator: acm.vt.edu
Email: kmitch@weenix.guru.org			PGP key available upon request