Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 1997 16:16:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      "User Rdkeys Robert D. Keys" <rdkeys@seedlab1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        rdkeys@seedlab1.cropsci.ncsu.edu (User RDKEYS Robert D. Keys)
Subject:   Problems on tex and latex ports builds?

I was bringing up the TeX-3.14159 and LaTeX2e packages and ports on the
new 2.2.5-RELEASE, and the ports builds complained of unfindable directories
down in the work space trees.  Anyone else had any install problems from
ports builds on TeX/LaTeX (NOT teTeX)?  It makes me think something in
one of the scripts is out of sync, but I am not sure.  I can use the
packages, but I am always in preference of a real source build rather
than a pre-installed package, where possible.  The alternative is a
build from the cannonical sources at TUG.

The error on return from gmake[2] and gmake[1] was:

can't cd to /usr/ports/print/tex/work/cm/tfm
error code 2
stop
error code 1
stop

It seemed to do most of the install, but I can't offhand tell what got
left out from the non-existent directories.

Thanks

Bob Keys
rdkeys@seedlab1.cropsci.ncsu.edu

``I sure luv that new 2.2.5-RELEASE.  It installs so effortlessly, compared
to those Other Unicey thingies......pure D joy it be.....it be wat a real
Unicey thingie ought ta be, it do.....(:+}}.....''