Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 1997 09:15:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      Keith Mitchell <kmitch@weenix.guru.org>
To:        tlambert@primenet.com (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Small Problem with Linux Emul

> Plus doing that wouldn't get the Linux emulation bug fixed.
>
> Were those "ie:" number for "scrambled address" real numbers?
>
> If you can, you should convert them to hex, and look at the output
> of netstat -rn and arp -a to see if they are coming from a route,
> gateway, NATD or other IP address "translator", or if the hex values
> match the actual physical addresses, etc..

I converted them to hex, but they didn't match anything in arp or netstat.
The port number comes back garbled too.

192.246.40.12:27003

comes back as

232.212.191.239:49135  (E8.D4.BF.EF)  -or sometimes-
216.142.4.8:49135 (D8.8E.04.08)

The ip address that actually comes back is not always the same either. The
port number does seem to reamin the same though.

--
Keith Mitchell					Head Administrator: acm.vt.edu
Email: kmitch@weenix.guru.org			PGP key available upon request