Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 1997 18:50:09 -0600
From:      dkelly@hiwaay.net
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How do I synchronize FreeBSD time to a Solaris 2.5.1 machine ?

> You can use xntpd to sync to Stratum[12] timeservers and/or Solaris if
> it supports NTP See: http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~ntp -- otherwise, use
> timed. Both are a part of FreeBSD.

Was looking at this myself this week. Heck, I'd almost be happy if I
could sync the Sun's as they don't have timed. SGI does ship with timed.

Within xntpd, can one create an averaging sync between systems similar
to what timed does? When dealing with standalone nets timed's a fairly
good solution when one can't convince the boss to buy a GPS as a time
source.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net