Date:      Wed, 05 Nov 1997 11:12:17 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sio multiport irq problem

Hi,

> HELP!
>
> sio0 at 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 on isa
> sio0: type 16550A
> sio1 at 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa
> sio1: type 16550A
> sio2 at 0x2a0-0x2a7 irq 10 flags 0x10285 on isa
> sio2: type 16550A (multiport master)
> Freeing (NOT implemented) redirected ISA irq 10.

the SMP code is involved here...

> create_intr: requested irq-1 too high, limit is 23

looks like someone is using the (-1), ie ERROR result, as an IRQ value.
This is returned by the SMP code that converts the redirected PCI IRQs
to real APIC IRQs.  Is this a PCI card, or is other breakage involved?
My guess is that some plug-n-pray code is crossing paths with SMP code.
--
Steve Passe	| powered by