Date:      Sun, 9 Nov 1997 16:57:18 +0100
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>, FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Beyond slogans: Describe "The Complete FreeBSD"

On Tue, Nov 04, 1997 at 02:30:50AM -0800, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> > Walnut Creek CDROM relies exclusively on FreeBSD for our 768 MB RAM, 139
> > Gigabytes, 3000 users ftp and www machine at ftp.cdrom.com. You'll get
> > network support including:
>
> Actually, 1GB, 142 GB, 2750 users.

Is there an up to date hardware description somewhere ?

And for marketing aspects:

Couldn't we put a HTML page on the webserver, that actually
shows this famous server in detail ?

It would be cool, if we could show some pictures from different
perspectives:

	one picture showing the whole rack mounted server
	and some more pictures, which show interesting components
	of the server. Perhaps a photo of the computer itself with
	case opened ...

And then maybe a short description, what kernel configuration and such.

It would be fine, if one could give people an URL, that shows nice
pictures of the server instead of only telling some numbers ...

The photo that has been presented in the FreeBSD News was a good
start. But I'd wish we could provide some more views and of a bit
better quality.

What do you think ?

--
Andreas Klemm