Date:      Tue, 16 Dec 1997 08:48:05 -0800
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        grog@lemis.com
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UFS problems on -current (panic: ffs_alloccg: map corrupted)

In article <19971215194623.30917@lemis.com>,
Greg Lehey  <grog@lemis.com> wrote:
> I've been having a large number of these panics in the last few days
> after replacing significant parts of my system.  In each case, the
> system appears to die when writing a large file (the text of "The
> Complete FreeBSD", about 40 MB).

I had that same panic a few days ago on a 2.2-stable machine.  If I
remember correctly, it happened during an open(2) call when spooling
an incoming mail file.  Shortly after bringing the system back up,
the kernel logged two disk errors (recovered).  No errors were logged
prior to the panic, though they could have been lost in the crash.

I don't know whether there was any connection between the disk errors
and the panic.  It doesn't seem like a disk error should cause this
kind of panic.

John