Date:      Tue, 13 Jan 1998 17:30:37 -0500
From:      Gary Schrock <root@eyelab.psy.msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cvsup idea

Probably one of the things that I find most frustrating with cvsup is that
while it will give you the information on what diffs it applies to your
local checkout source tree, there's no way to get it to tell you what the
comments for those diffs were.  I maintain a couple of systems where it's
not real practical to remake the system every time something changes, but
only do it when something that I feel is important enough to get in has
changed.  Unfortunately, to do this I have to go through the output of
cvsup and check the cvs repository to determine what's changed, which tends
to be a fairly time consuming process.  What I think would be really
usefull would be something like a -L 3 level of verbosity, that also gives
you the comment for the changes, then people like me would be able to just
look through the output to see why things have been changed, saving me a
lot of time.  Thoughts?

Gary Schrock
root@eyelab.msu.edu