Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 1998 06:49:53 -0500
From:      Lee Cremeans <lee@wakky.dyn.ml.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A truly losing laptop for FreeBSD.

On Fri, Jan 30, 1998 at 03:39:12AM -0800, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> http://www.toshiba.com/tais/csd/products/portable/tecra/featured/index.htm

> And it's sort of sad because this is the kind of *high end* laptop
> you'd like to see more FreeBSD users using.  Unfortunately, according
> to one BETA tester, he can't even get FreeBSD to recognise the serial
> ports on the thing much less the more complex peripherals.  In fact,
> it seems to hold the current record for the most things that don't
> work under FreeBSD on a single machine. :-)

Toshiba laptops suck in other ways, too, at least the Satellites do...they
have slower-than-usual PCMCIA buses, which cramps performance if you're
using, say, a PCMCIA hard drive or an encryption token.

--
Lee C. -- Manassas, VA, USA  (WakkyMouse on DALnet #watertower)
A! JW223 YWD+++^ri P&B++ SL+++^i GDF B&M KK--i MD+++i P++ I++++ Did