Date:      Mon, 9 Feb 1998 16:02:17 -0500
From:      Paul Molloy <PMolloy@compuserve.com>
To:        "'FreeBSD Support'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Sendmail configration problems on FreeBSD 2.2.2

Hi,

I am wondering if there is anybody who can help me with this problem.  I am
very new to FreeBSD and I in fact did not install the systems that we have
running but this problem really is about sendmail.

I am trying to set up our company e-mail using two FreeBSD systems
separated by a router so as to implement a firewall for security.  I (with
my Internet provider) have been able to successfully receive Internet
messages and transport them to the second server.  Then we have been able
to get the users to login over the network and remotely to collect the
mail.

My problem is in the reply.  Obviously I want the mail to go from the
second server back to the first and from there to the Internet.  Instead
the second server is trying to send the mail directly to the Internet.  Is
there a way to tell sendmail to send all the mail from the second server to
the first?

My Internet provider is telling me that there might be a file (client.cf)
which is missing but I have been unable to get any information about this.

Yours very frustratingly,

Paul Molloy.
Systems administrator

If it is possible could you send your reply(ies) to me at either:
pmolloy@compuserve.com

paul.molloy@rubbermaid.be

with "unsubscribe questions" in the body of the message