Date:      Mon, 9 Feb 1998 20:39:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Stunt Pope <markjr@shmooze.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   reading a windows syquset 135 cartridge from freeBSD2.2.2

We want to be able to read files from a SCSI syquest 135. The cartridges
are going to be windows filesystems (i.e we want to read files
that come off of a windoze box).

I tried

disklabel -Brw sd2 auto

and from there a newfs and tunefs that I got from the mailing list
archives (I can't show those cause someone just rebooted that
box).

At any rate, I could mount the drive, but it seems to have mounted it
as a ufs filesys? All the files are gone, and it seems to be formatted
now.

So, how do I do "disklabel" and such so that we can mount an msdos
or windoze formatted cartridges (read only is fine).

Is it doable?

thanks in advance

Mark Jeftovic		aka: mark jeff or vic, stunt pope.
markjr@shmOOze.net	http://www.shmOOze.net/~markjr
PWC's BOFH		http://www.PrivateWorld.com
IRC: L-bOMb		Keep `em Guessing

with "unsubscribe questions" in the body of the message