Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 1998 12:08:02 +0100 (CET)
From:      Lukasz Misiuda <luk@luk.t2.ds.pwr.wroc.pl>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG

Hello!

I'm a user of FreeBSD, and I have two big problems.

1)

Util a few days ago, everything was perfect. (I had 2.2.1-RELEASE)

I decided to update my kernel sources with CVSup,
so I've prepared a configuration file: (there are no comments..)

/*

*default host=cvsup.de.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr tag=RELENG_2_2_5_RELEASE
*default release=cvs
*default delete use-rel-suffix

src-sys

*/

and new sources are now an my system.

Next I've compiled the kernel (in fact no change to previous configuration)
and now my CD-ROM does not work.

Here You are the part from my kernel configuration
that describes this part:

/*

controller	wdc0	at isa? port "IO_WD1" bio irq 14 flags 0x00ff8004 vector wdintr
disk		wd0	at wdc0 drive 0

options 	ATAPI
options 	ATAPI_STATIC
device		wcd0

*/

and now I cannot mount my CD-ROM, it says that :

>Input/Output error<

Is there a problem in the kernel or I have done something wrong??

Problem is worse because I cannot mount the CD-ROM with
the old release of FreeBSD !

2)

Some time ago I've received from the security-officer
information how to patch the kernel to avoid
the f00f problem.

So I did it, then compiled the kernel and it still
hangs up for hard!

After compiling this line, and then executing it:

/*
long main []={0xc8c70ff0};
*/

everything stops.

What option should I include in my kernel configuration file
to avoid this problem?