Date:      	Fri, 06 Mar 1998 13:48:15 +0100
From:      Frank Ederveen <frank@our.domaintje.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        lada@ws2301.gud.siemens.at (marino.ladavac@siemens.at), grog@lemis.com, wilko@yedi.iaf.nl, FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, rene@tcja.nl, arnoud.venema@ict.nl
Subject:   Re: RFC: Polling for interest on 2nd European (Dutch) hacker party

Mr. Jordan wrote:
  >We stopped going to CeBIT when the organizers forbade us from selling
  >CDROMs, something which used to basically pay for going to the show.

This might be a difficult issue, but did you consider getting more sponsorship
from companies yet? I looked at the website and there aren't too many sponsors
listed. Not as many as I would expect atleast.

I have talked to some people here about making a small budget for sponsoring
of 'free' projects which we find very usefull like FreeBSD, Squid, Diablo,
Apache, etc. and I don't think it would be impossible.

There must be plenty of other happy users who might be willing to chip in a
bit. Escpecially if that would improve support for things like SMP and RAID;
things needed for larger machines. Of course how to spend the money would be
up to you people. There was some discussion earlier about getting someone to
do the less fun bits for which it's hard to find volunteers?

Just a thought,

FrankE