Date:      Sun, 8 Mar 1998 15:10:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        jb@cimlogic.com.au (John Birrell)
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/include sched.h Makefile

> I'd prefer not to have blossoming symlinks in /usr/include, but I
> understand why you did it. I also prefer to see function prototypes
> that have nothing to do with the kernel kept away from kernel source.

What are the options for keeping the structures in one place,
though? The data structures are already mandated to show up in that
user header and the choices are:

1. Don't worry about it - the kernel won't create functions that
conflict, or if they do it is because it makes sense;

2. Use the standard-defined header in the kernel and #ifdef out
for the kernel (as I did though I don't need to);

3. Create some new header file.

I'm happy with either 1 or 2, and 2 seemed the safest for mass production.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime development, Machine control,
HD Associates, Inc.               Safety critical systems, Agency approval