Date:      Sat, 14 Mar 1998 01:56:27 +0800
From:      Ng Pheng Siong <ngps@post1.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ngps@post1.com
Subject:   2.2.5 breaks serialmail?

Hi,

I've been running 2.2.2 as a PPP dial-up machine. My mail setup
is qmail + serialmail + fetchmail + procmail, and I've had
no problem at all since installation about 9 months ago.

I've just added a new harddisk, and have installed 2.2.5
on it. I'm now multi-booting among 2.2.2, 2.2.5 and other OS'es.

On 2.2.5, qmail + fetchmail + procmail still work, and I have no
problem popping mail from my ISP. But I can't send mail at all, coz
serialmail doesn't work now. I've used serialmail 0.51, 0.7x, run
serialmail from the 2.2.2 partition. Re-installed qmail, even.
No joy. ;(

2.2.2 continues to work. This mail is sent from 2.2.2.

I've ktraced serialmail on 2.2.5: a vital unlink (of the message file
in the mail queue) did not happen.

Any clues? I'm not subscribed, please cc replies to me. TIA. Cheers.

BTW, 2.2.5 appears a little sluggish compared to 2.2.2. (And ppp
executable by root only is no fun.)

--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps@post1.com>