Date:      Tue, 17 Mar 1998 11:42:31 +0900
From:      Makoto MATSUSHITA (=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCJF4kRCQ3JD8kXiQzJEgbKEI=?=) <matusita@ics.es.osaka-u.ac.jp>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <k.keithley@opengroup.org>
Subject:   Re: 3.0-971225SNAP, Japanese/Korean locales, and libxpg4

Sorry I do not know why multibyte-supporting locale is out of libc...

k.keithley> What's the rationale for having the SJIS and EUC locale
k.keithley> support in libxpg4 instead of libc?

IMHO, we should link with xpg4 library when linking X libraries to
compile X application. Many FreeBSD ports application tries to link
so, especially in japanese and x11 category (these applications try to
link xpg4 library manually; ahh, where the imake framework has gone :-)

How about changing $XTOP/X11/lib/config/FreeBSD.cf to add -lxpg4
to linker's option, when the FreeBSD's version >= 2.2 ?

-- -
Makoto `MAR' MATSUSHITA