Date:      Sat, 21 Mar 1998 10:48:45 -0500
From:      Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>
To:        Wes Peters - Softweyr LLC <softweyr@xmission.com>
Cc:        mike@smith.net.au (Mike Smith), stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 'Code Freeze'

softweyr@xmission.com said:
:- I remember the 2.1.5 release going through ALPHA
:- and BETA, when *nobody* would bother to sup and test, so the 2.1.5
:- release went out buggy.

Maybe it is just me, but, but "sup and test" isn't how I test these
beta releases.  I take some computers, wipe them clean and install
the entire kit just like a CD user would.  (I've never tried the
"upgrade" process, since all the warnings seem to steer you away
from it.)  It seems like the "sup and test" method isn't a very
complete test.