Date:      Sat, 21 Mar 1998 12:42:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Ports)
Subject:   strangeness...

Can anyone tell me why this port makefile fetch fails:

DISTNAME=       rftp-1.2
PKGNAME=        rftp-1.2
CATEGORIES=     network
MASTER_SITES=
http://www2.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/siliconex/38/rftp-1.2.tar.gz

DISTFILES=      rftp-1.2.tar.gz
MAINTAINER=     kline@thought.org

MAN1=           rftp.1

Running fetch on and retrieving the above tarball by hand works
flawlessly, save for a Warning from fetch that the file may be hosed.

It isn't.  It has identical crc32 results as the original.

Clues, people?  --Also, I'd be much obliged to anybody who will test
this utility.  It ``restores'' bitmail- and ftpmail-retrieved files
(often scores) into the  original.

thanks,

gary

--