Date:      Wed, 1 Apr 1998 09:11:39 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        paul@mu.org, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mozilla source

> Huh, you got it to link?  Interesting.  Using Eivind's port as a
> starting base, I got many link errors:
>
> iostream.cc:954: Undefined symbol `___get_dynamic_handler_chain' referenced from text segment
> strstream.h:56: Undefined symbol `___sjthrow' referenced from text segment
> strstream.h:56: Undefined symbol `___terminate' referenced from text segment
> strstream.cc:0: More undefined symbol ___sjthrow refs follow
> strstream.cc:0: More undefined symbol ___terminate refs follow
>
> How are others doing it?

I see you are using egcs or g++ 2.7.2, which do not support C++
exceptions when using pthreads, instead of gcc 2.8.x, which does.

I complained about this before.

The problem is that egcs requires that you decide whether or not you
are going to use pthreads when you build your compiler, and then
assumes that forever afterward, you will use -lc_r with all programs
you ever compile with it (and in the FreeBSD case, _THREAD_SAFE, a
bogosity from the bowels of the incompatibility fairy).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.