Date:      Thu, 2 Apr 1998 12:06:26 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Andrew J. Doane" <adoane@eagle.ais.net>
To:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Any ideas?

Any ideas? Heres the scoop..  the problem is getting drive A and B to
coexsist without hanging the scsi bus.

Drive A = Microp 4743SS (ultra wide)
Drive B = Microp 4743SS (ultra wide)
Drive C = Seagate ST15230WC (wide)
Drive D = Seagate ST15230WC (wide)
Host = 2940UW

The following works fine:

Host-->A-->B    under win95
Host-->A-->C    under linux
Host-->B-->C    under linux
Host-->C-->D    under linux

I can even have Host-->A-->B on the bus working fine as long as I don't
drive to use both drives at the same time.

When I use the md driver to create a raid set using the two disks the bus
hangs usally within a minute of starting the mkraid.  Setting the bios
to 20mb/sec for the drives doesn't appear to help (actually at 40mb/sec
the aic7xxx driver still reports 20mb/sec.. do i have to force it to
40mb somehow?).  The two drives seem to work fine together under win95.
I did a 500mb copy from A to B without a problem.

Anyone have any ideas and or suggestions?

/ajd/
--
       _/_/    _/  _/_/_/_/         Andrew J. Doane
    _/    _/  _/  _/                Director, Network Operations