Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 22:54:42 -0500
From:      dannyman <dannyman@dannyland.org>
To:        Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>, Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fw: Your Article "Freeware: The Heart & Soul of the Internet"

On Fri, Apr 10, 1998 at 10:47:18AM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:

> 	I was a writer several lifetimes ago, and altho tech writing
> 	is nearly beyond me (it ain't easy, folks),  I'd be willing
> 	to invest time in a *BSD magazine.

Getting a magazine up and running can be real rough.  It seems as if
Jordan hasn't exactly had a cakewalk with the newsletter either.  A safer
approach, imho, might be to try something on the web - less capital risk,
and we could see how things work out first before trying to jump into pulp,
and attract interested contributors.

Getting people to volunteer to write articles, even if you have an editor
in place, can be real PITA.

--
  //       dannyman yori aiokomete       ||  Our Honored Symbol deserves
\\/ http://www.dannyland.org/~dannyman/  ||  an Honorable Retirement (UIUC)