Date:      Sun, 12 Apr 1998 18:09:53 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Kernel PPP

Greg,

I have a working kernel PPP config -- yes if it ain't broke don't fix
it --

I was reading the pertinent chapter in The Complete FreeBSD, Chap 23 in
the kernel config section p368 and did like so:

pseudo-device 	PPP
options 	PPP_BSDCOMP
options 	PPP_DEFLATE

Compiled kernel, so far so good.

entered deflate 12,12 in /etc/ppp/options

When I call up ppp it whines deflate command unknown and dies.

My reason for doing this was to attempt to get better performance from
my dial-up connection.  What the @@3## did I miss or do wrong?

Thanks, Frank