Date:      Sun, 19 Apr 1998 18:57:31 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   What chipsets on the Bt848 cards ?

I was wondering if people can tell me what teletext chip is present on
their Bt848-based cards. Can you people look for chips marked

	SAA....

and tell me what you have ?

I have a few hauppauge's (1997) and they all use a SAA5246 for teletext
decoding.  I have written a small decoder application for this chip.

I think i have heard that some more modern card use the SAA5284, which
is a more powerful device in that it can capture data at full line
speed. If that is available on some card, I'd love to know. You might
get the software written for your card in return :)

	cheers
	luigi