Date:      Thu, 14 May 1998 01:06:19 +0200
From:      Pierre Beyssac <pb@fasterix.freenix.org>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Dag-Erling_Coidan_Sm=F8rgrav?= <dag-erli@ifi.uio.no>, Jun-ichiro itojun Itoh <itojun@itojun.org>
Cc:        net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: v6 issues

On Wed, May 13, 1998 at 11:21:54AM +0200, Dag-Erling Coidan Smørgrav  wrote:
> It's not really mine either. My point is that there is a lot more
> effort being put into the WIDE stack than into the INRIA stack.

I really don't think we should compare implementations on such
premises. If we did, we would all be running Microsoft stuff,
beginning with Windows NT, and we would laugh at free implementations
with source.

I think we would be better off comparing these on technical grounds,
i.e. which one is more modular, better integrated, and so on.

After all, once it's integrated, the _FreeBSD_ team will have to
maintain it in -current, nobody else.
--
Pierre Beyssac	      pb@fasterix.frmug.org pb@fasterix.freenix.org
{Free,Net,Open}BSD, Linux : il y a moins bien, mais c'est plus cher