Date:      Thu, 28 May 1998 19:01:28 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        Vladimir Kushnir <kushn@mail.kar.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -current breakage

Vladimir Kushnir wrote:

> On Thu, 28 May 1998, Hostas Red wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > cvsup'ed just few minutes ago, make world fail on 10th minute of building:
> >
> > cd /usr/src/include/../sys;  install -C -o bin -g bin -m 444 net/*.h
> > /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include/net
> > install: net/*.h: No such file or directory
> > *** Error code 71
> > 1 error
> > *** Error code 2
> > 1 error
> > *** Error code 2
> > 1 error
> > *** Error code 2
> > 1 error
> >
> > Adios,
> > /KONG
>
> Same here, and even worse: somehow buildworld wiped all of sys/sys/*.h,
> sys/net/*.h probably something else as well.
>
> Regards,
> Vladimir

Do you have CLOBBER defined by any chance?  I'm suspicious of the
following section of src/Makefile:

includes:
.if defined(CLOBBER)
        rm -rf ${DESTDIR}/usr/include/*
        mtree -deU -f ${.CURDIR}/etc/mtree/BSD.include.dist \
                -p ${DESTDIR}/usr/include
.endif

There are some rm -rf's in src/include/Makefile as well.  However, neither
of these should really be a problem unless rm has started following
symlinks or there's something odd going on.

Cheers,
-Peter
--
Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>   Netplex Consulting