Date:      Fri, 29 May 1998 13:51:32 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Brendan Kosowski <brendan@bmkind.lnk.telstra.net>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: BUG with vt100 terminal emulation

On Fri, 29 May 1998 at 13:08:29 -1000, Brendan Kosowski wrote:
                                ^^^^^

This is the time zone in Hawaii.  You appear to be in Melbourne,
+1000.

> Does anyone out there have a BUG FIX for the vt100 terminal emulation
> problems with FreeBSD 2.2.5 ???

I didn't know that we offer a VT100 emulation.  What's the name of the
package?

> If you are asking "What Bug ?", try setting your term to vt100 and then
> telnetting into locis.loc.gov or try telnetting into a linux system and
> using the joe editor help menu. Then compare your results running win95
> with a telnet program in vt100 mode.

This isn't enough to go on.  What kind of "term" are you talking
about?  In addition, I have never yet seen a Windows 95 terminal
emulator without bugs.

If you mean the TERM environment variable, of course you'll get
incorrect results if you set it to the incorrect emulation.  What
terminal emulator are you trying to use?

> Who do I announce BUGS to ???

man send-pr.  But you'll need some information.

Greg