Date:      Thu, 4 Jun 1998 14:27:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Hualu  Wang <hw64@columbia.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   modem setup

I'm running 2.2.2 release and was using a Supra 33.6 internal modem
on sio2 (0x3e8) with irq 10. Things were fine with the modem.

Recently I changed the modem to a Supra 56. It uses the same port (sio2)
and interrupt and works fine if I boot up Windows. But when FreeBSD
boots up, it cannot detect sio2 so I cannot get the new modem to work.

I don't think I have to reconfig or recompile the kernel. But do I
have to make the device files again or do something else?

Since I haven't subscribed to this mailing list yet so please send
your hints/comments to hw64@columbia.edu

Thanks much!

Louis