Date:      Sat, 6 Jun 1998 02:23:19 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        paterno@dsi.UNIFI.IT (Ugo Paternostro)
Cc:        mike@smith.net.au, eivind@yes.no, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PnP support for if_ed, and more...

> P.S.: still offering a bit of manpower to do the work... :-) Well, let's say it
> all: point me in the right direction, and I will evaluate the possibility :-)
> WARNING: I know almost nothing about FreeBSD insides =:-/ but I learn fast, and
> I think that I am a good programmer... ;-)

so, if you have the time, look at pnpinfo sources to see how the PnP
info are read from the card to fetch the various IDs, then modify
the routines in pnp.c to try the different IDs if the first one does
not match any device description.

	cheers
	luigi

(and sorry for not writing in italian, but this also goes to the list :)