Date:      Sat, 13 Jun 1998 00:19:43 +0200
From:      German Tischler <tanis@gaspode.franken.de>
To:        Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems compiling i4b 00.62

On Fri, Jun 12, 1998 at 08:59:28PM +0200, Harold Gutch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> well, after having major problems getting i4b 00.61 to work, even
> with an AVM Fritz! card, I downloaded 00.62 today, installed it
> and added the new options for the Sedlbauer card to my kernel
> configfile configfile, as i wanted to try i4b with my Teledat 100.
>
> When compiling the kernel, i got the following errormsg:
> i4b_isic.o: Undefined symbol `_isic_attach_sws' referenced from text segment
> *** Error code 1

I'm using the following isdn specific config file lines:

controller pnp0
device isic0 at isa? port 0x100 net irq 5 flags 0x18 vector isicintr
device isic0 at isa? port 0x300 net irq 5 flags 0x18 vector isicintr
options SEDLBAUER
options "I4B_PNP"
pseudo-device   "i4bq921"
pseudo-device   "i4bq931"
pseudo-device   "i4b"
pseudo-device   "i4btrc"        4
pseudo-device   "i4bctl"
pseudo-device   "i4brbch"       4
pseudo-device   "i4bipr"        4
options         IPR_VJ
pseudo-device   "i4bisppp"      4
pseudo-device   sppp            4

Which is enough for using the card for syncppp and ip over raw hdlc.
(Note: it is necessary to have TWO (!) isic0 entries in your config
file, which is a hack for now, because PnP support in i4b is experimental.)
PnP is also mandatory. (which i think is most likely you forgot).

If your bios leaves the card disabled, boot with -c and use:

pnp 1 0 os enable port0 0x270 irq0 11

Or something that would suit you ( man pnp ).

--
German Tischler            tanis@gaspode.franken.de
Apple eaten (core dumped)  tanis@cip.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de