Date:      Sun, 14 Jun 1998 18:33:24 +0200
From:      German Tischler <tanis@gaspode.franken.de>
To:        Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems compiling i4b 00.62

On Sun, Jun 14, 1998 at 03:05:51PM +0200, Harold Gutch wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 13, 1998 at 12:19:43AM +0200, German Tischler wrote:
> > controller pnp0
> > device isic0 at isa? port 0x100 net irq 5 flags 0x18 vector isicintr
> > device isic0 at isa? port 0x300 net irq 5 flags 0x18 vector isicintr
> > [...]
> > (Note: it is necessary to have TWO (!) isic0 entries in your config
> > file, which is a hack for now, because PnP support in i4b is experimental.)
> Did i miss it, or is this really not mentioned anywhere in the
> documentation ?

Seems to be missing in the docs. But it will go away (hopefully soon).

> > PnP is also mandatory. (which i think is most likely you forgot).
> >
> Yup, but i noticed that quite quickly and added it to my
> configfile before writing the first mail to the list.
>
> Seems as if all i did not have, was the 2nd isic0 entry in my
> configfile - still i get exactly the same errormsg when trying to
> compile (this time with exactly those lines you mentioned in your
> Mail - at least compiling should work fine with them...).

I don't have a stable system here, but I think changing

#if defined(__FreeBSD__) && __FreeBSD__ >= 3
#include "pnp.h"
#elif defined(__FreeBSD__) && defined(I4B_PnP)
#include "pnp.h"
#endif

into

#if defined(__FreeBSD__) && __FreeBSD__ >= 3
#include "pnp.h"
#elif defined(__FreeBSD__) && defined(I4B_PNP)
#include "pnp.h"
#endif

in i4b_sws.c should help (the option I4B_PnP doesn't exist. ok, I think
the defines combination in the driver needs some cleaning.)

Hope this helps.

--
German Tischler            tanis@gaspode.franken.de
Apple eaten (core dumped)  tanis@cip.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de