Date:      Sat, 20 Jun 1998 14:01:49 -0600
From:      Ben Schumacher <freebsd@plinet.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD - Apache Perl CGIs

Hello,

I'm trying to setup one of our FreeBSD servers that is running Apache 1.2.5
to support Perl CGIs.  Actually, to put it more accurately, I have setup
one of our FreeBSD servers to support Perl CGIs, but not to the point where
I'm happy with them.

Basically, what I'm trying to do is to make it possible for customers to be
able to upload Perl CGIs to our server and have it automatically set the
permissions to make the CGI executable, or just make it so that the Perl
CGIs can be interpreted.  Either that or make it so that the CGIs don't
have to have the executable bit be set to be able to have them run by a
Perl interpreter.

Does anybody know of a way to do this?  I've tried playing around with
umask, but it refuses to set an executable bit, even when you give it
settings that tell it that it should do just that.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

- Ben Schumacher