Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 1998 11:21:46 -0300 (EST)
From:      Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade <paulo@main.fiscodata.com.br>
To:        rssh@grad.kiev.ua
Cc:        J.Hogeveen@twiddle.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Signal-11

|> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 00:00:05 +0300
|> From: Ruslan Shevchenko <Ruslan@Shevchenko.Kiev.UA>
|>
|> Jeroen Hogeveen wrote:
|>
|> > hi, just one quick question. sorry to ask it here, but response on
|> > -questions is 0,0.
|> >
|> > Has anyone had experiences regarding sig11's like these?
|> >   .map\" -O -pipe -I/usr/local/include  log-server.c
|> >   gcc: Internal compiler error: program as got fatal signal 11
|> >   *** Error code 1
|> >
|> > Sig-11 indicates a SIGSEV - segmentation violation as far as I know.
|> > Does this mean my memory (configuration) is bad or that my CPU is
|> > overheated?
|> >

|>  You can check this, by doing make (or compiling) again and again.
|>
|> If this error is reprodusable, than it is gcc error
|> (gcc is very buggy), otherwise --- memory error.

  I have a 486 machine that frequently trashes files. Sometimes,
while doing a large compile, gcc will not understand the C language
anymore ;), doing the *same* error always. A simple reboot and recompile
works fine.

  The most common problems is the gcc executable file image being loaded
incorrectly from disk or the file it is compiling. I think the real problem
with this machine may be the hard disk, but the cause of the repeteable
failures is the file cache with wrong data.

Paulo