Date:      Sat, 27 Jun 1998 15:30:36 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
Cc:        malartre@aei.ca, fpawlak@execpc.com, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does it's true?

On Saturday, 27 June 1998 at 15:46:15 +1000, John Birrell wrote:
> Greg Lehey wrote:
>>>
>>> But that'd be after dusk, when the "wildlife" comes out to play.
>>
>> Sure, that's what he said: after 9 pm.
>
> Try 5:30 pm in autumn/winter.

Sure, but Malatre said 9 pm.

>> Don't know that one.  There's a Flat Kangaroo just near Bendigo,
>> though.  The kangaroos round here aren't much of a problem, at least
>> not in the day time.  First, our horses are (just) faster, and
>> secondly they (the kangaroos) are scared of the devils.
>
> Stay away from Kangaroo Ground just outside Eltham in Vic then. There's at
> least one kangaroo that jumps of a bank onto passing motorbikes and gets his
> man every time. It doesn't matter how fast you can (or do) go.

We used to have a rogue kangaroo like that round here a while back,
but one day we got all the tried and trusted kangaroo hunters from the
stations near and far together and we went and caught the bastard.  Now
if we could just get a couple of those devils.

> And in some places, the only problem they have is their kids taking guns
> to school. Duh. 8-)

Right.  They don't know how lucky they are.  And here we're not even
allowed a gun to protect ourselves from the devils.

Greg