Date:      Sun, 19 Jul 1998 08:02:11 PDT
From:      "Mike Del" <repenting@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   I am having problems getting Freebsd to find my com port.

Hello All,
           I was wondering if anyone out there could help me with a
problem I am having with my com port. Ok, my bios says the the com port
is at 0x3f8. Then I booted off of a dos disk, and ran msd, this told me
that I did have a com port, and it was at the address 0x3f8.
I compiled a new kernel, adding a line for sio0, and rebooted. When
FreeBSD booted it says sio0 not found at 0x3f8. I am very confused buy
this, I then built a new kernel with the sio0 line but changed were the
port went to port? , This said basically the same thing, sio0 not found.
The computer is a toshiba satellite 315CDS. Anyone that can help me out
please do, I really would like to have my com port available :)
Thanks