Date:      Tue, 21 Jul 1998 21:42:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Drew Derbyshire <ahd@kew.com>
To:        trouble@webfyre.com
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hacked and don't know why

I believe the trouble has been located.  I'm running a pre-2.5 version
of qpopper, which just had a CERT advisory put up on it for a buffer
overflow problem.  Until I can upgrade the version, I've restricted
access to it via packet filtering.

-ahd-

--
Drew Derbyshire                 Internet:       ahd@kew.com
Kendra Electronic Wonderworks   Telephone:      781-279-9812

 Every Creature has within him the wild, uncontrollable urge to PUNT.