Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 1998 00:20:08 +0000
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: question

> On 28-Aug-98 Mike Smith wrote:
> > > Shouldn't that be boot.help?
> >  Hmm, actually that would be the place to put it in the current
> >  scenario, yes.  /boot/boot.banner is where it would go with the "new"
> >  bootstrap.

Actually, I should clarify; inserting a ^G into the current /boot.help
should achieve the desired result.  With the "new" bootstrap, the help
text is separate from any potential sign-on banner.

> OK.. hmm.. does the new stuff boot intel boxes yet? :)

a.out kernels from floppy only.  The only stumbling block with other
disks is the biosdisk : major/minor numbering mapping.  Getting it
"right" on old systems is still impossible, and getting it "right" on
new (EDD 3) systems leads to some new and even more subtle quirks. 8(