Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 1998 19:12:51 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Kernel with > 2 IDE devices

I have three IDE devices: 300 Mb disk, 5 Gb disk, CD-ROM.  I have an IDE
card with two IDE connectors (one marked VLB, the other ISA).  I'm trying
to figure out what settings I should have in my kernel.  Do I have two
controllers with devices on each?  Or one controller with all the devices
under that?

I have the system working with the 5G disk and cd-rom.  I'm trying to add
the 330 mb disk.  Why?  Because it's there. <grin>

I'd tried adding wdc1 but the system wouldn't boot.  Then I tried adding
wd1 under wcd0.  That gave me two images of my 5Gb disk. (for a rough idea
of what I actually did, see the bottom of the webpage:

http://www.dvl-software.com/freebsd/upgrade227.htm

cheers.

--
Dan Langille