Date:      Sat, 05 Sep 1998 09:12:48 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ELF -current users: HEADS UP

> > ahead)?  Understand the point of this question isn't system libs,
> > its all the ports stuff, which just won't transition in one swell
> > foop like the system did.
>
> Move _all_ your a.out libs (except perhaps your static ones, which
> can most likely be deleted) to /usr/lib/aout. This frees up any
> other dirs to be purely ELF.

One other thing I didn't mention.  I am about to commit a fix which
will make ldconfig -aout ignore ELF shared libraries, and vice versa.
So if you have a directory containing both, the two invocations will
each pick only the correct libraries, ignoring the other ones.

Actually I thought it was already that way, but I was wrong.

John