Date:      Fri, 11 Sep 1998 20:08:41 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        pusateri@juniper.net (Tom Pusateri)
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NogaTech PCMCIA video cards

> Has anyone taken a look at these PCMCIA video cards?
> I'm looking for a way to run VIC on a laptop and source multicast video.

not the same thing but have you considered a parallel port camera
(e.g. quickcam) instead ? For as bad as it can be, I am not really
sure that the PCMCIA bus has the necessary bandwidth to support
uncompressed video, so you either end up with low res/frame rate,
or with an already compressed stream and your chances to be able
to decode it severely decrease.

(also this is trivial but if you just need to send screendumps you can
use our x11 grabber module for vic)

	luigi