Date:      Fri, 18 Sep 1998 16:23:26 +1000
From:      Carey Nairn <C.Nairn@dpac.tas.gov.au>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   uid limits under amd ?

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any limits concerning uid values when using
amd.  Our local documentation suggests that uid's can't exceed 1024 because
of amd.  Is this still the case?

(the machines we are using are running FreeBSD-2.0.5 - soon to be upgraded).

cheers,
Carey Nairn

Carey Nairn              		Mailto:C.Nairn@dpac.tas.gov.au
Network and Systems Administrator
Information Systems Branch           Phone:  (03) 6233 3077
Dept of Premier & Cabinet            Fax:    (03) 6224 3174
GPO Box 123b Hobart, Tasmania 7001
AUSTRALIA