Date:      Mon, 12 Oct 1998 10:52:30 -0700
From:      "Paul Allemekinders" <paalleme@home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Error code 2 on kdesupport

I just tried to install the kde port to give that window manager a try.
After doing a make install, it carries on until it gets to the following:

checking for gethostname... yes
eval: 1: System error: Unterminated Quote String.
*** Error code 2

Stop

*** Error code 1

This appears to be in the section where it has checked for the
dependancy kdesupport-1.0.  I then tried to do a make install on
just kdesupport-1.0 which ended in the same error.

>From the sound of the original system error I'm lead to believe that
there is a problem in the script which is used to perform the install
but I havn't been able to find anything which refers to gethostname.

Can anyone point this newbie in the right direction to solve this
problem??

Paul Allemekinders
paalleme@home.com