Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 1998 12:22:37 -0500
From:      Narayan Desai <nldesai@dsmserver.uchicago.edu>
To:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   aic7895 problems

I recently tried upgrading from 2.1.103 (patched with a more recent
version of the aic7xxx driver, so my controller would work) to 2.1.125.
When it starts to boot, it detects the first drive in my scsi chain at
20.0 Mhz as opposed to the 10.0 that the old driver negotiated (this is
not an ultra fast drive) and it starts getting parity errors and timing
out. I then tried upgrading to the newest version of the driver off of
dialnet and the same thing happened. At this point, i tried setting the
maximum negotiation rate in the scsi bios, and i foudn that all values
in the scsi bios were reset to the default on reboot (which is
neccessary right after configuration) Has anyone seen this before? the
motherboard is a tyan thunder 2 with 1 processor and the motherboard
bios is 1.09, the scsi bios is 1.32.
thanks in advance...
 -n