Date:      Fri, 16 Oct 1998 18:11:37 PDT
From:      "Larry Michel" <lmicuf@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   An SU executable

To whom it may concern,
I have FreeBSD on my machine, and it was doing great until I got
careless. I was trying to see which shared libraries some of my
executable in /usr/bin were using, and I accidentally exited my root
shell after renaming /usr/lib to /usr/lib2. The problem is now that su,
telnet and other utilities such as cc, rlogin do not work anymore. I
fortunately have a few applications opened such as telnet whose
executables won't work either. My question is: Is it possible to request
and download an su executable that would be linked so that it looked in
/usr/lib2 at run time instead of /usr/lib. Are there any other way to
logon as root? I appreciate your response.
Regards,
Larry Michel