Date:      Thu, 22 Oct 1998 10:47:12 -0400
From:      Dirk Lucke <113373.2705@compuserve.com>
Subject:   lcp-problems after 'chap success'

Hello,

I'd like to get some help from you for setting up i4b.

If I send a ping, or if I try to setup a connection with my provider,
everything
seems to work fine 'til the moment, where I get the message "chap success".
The next message is:

...isppp0: lcp input(opened): <term-req id=0x1f len=4>
...isppp0: phase terminate
...isppp0: lcp send terminate-ack
...isppp0: lcp output <term-ack id=0x1f len=4>
...isppp0: lcp down (stopping)
...isppp0: Down event (carrier loss)
...isppp0: lcp close (starting)
...isppp0: phase dead

and then several
... isppp0: chap TO(req-sent) rst_counter = nn
are comming up until it tries to dial again.

thanks in advance,
Joachim Jaeckel.

Please send any comment directly to my address, because I'm not subscribed
to this mailing list, thanks.